Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I have no gears!!!!

At track practice tonight we were supposed to do some interval speed work between a medium paced lap and a hard lap. Well, a medium is "hard" for me. My body is very accustomed to it's 5.0 on the treadmill, so going any faster always seems strange. I know that I ALWAYS go faster when I am running outside, but it's hard to push and differentiate between the medium and hard laps. I guess that is a new goal.
The run this weekend is 5.5 miles. That will be the farthest that I've ever ran outside. I did 6 miles on the treadmill a few weeks ago, but after injurying myself, that now seems like eons ago. My body is definitely not back up to par. Hopefully by the end of next week my foot and my endurance will be at a new level. On a good note, I did get a great pair of new running shoes that seem to be working out well! Now I just need to purchase a new shuffle to replace the one that was stolen. I guess it's a good thing I took on the afterschool program this year! More moola to spend on the extras!

No comments: