Saturday, September 8, 2007

5.5 miles in Portola Valley

Today was quite the adventurous run. The first half of the run was a slow, steady climb and the way back seemed as easy as pie. On the way up there was an SUV that had crashed into a tree that was on the trail. A lady on the trail informed us that it had happened sometime early this morning and that the driver had fled the scene. By the time we were on our way back to the starting point there was a police officer parked in the bike lane above the trail and the trail was blocked off with caution tape. Not quite what I expected to find on a Saturday morning run in Portola Valley!
On a second note, there are a ton of horse properties in the area and it made me reminisce about what I was doing on a Saturday at 8am 10 years ago. Yeah, most likely had something to do with horses! Gosh, how the times have changed.
Update on the foot: The run today went pretty well and I think as long as I don't push myself for speed or overdue other workouts, I will probably be just fine. I've just got to keep icing, stretching with a tennis ball, and massaging it out.
Only 9 more weeks till race day!!!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Keep it up Elisha :) Time goes by so fast. The race will be a blast. Hope your foot lets you keep running.